HERE TO LISTEN, NOT TO TELL.
WE PROVIDE CONFIDENTIAL SERVICE TO YOUNG PEOPLE INCLUDING THE UNDER 16'S.
You can chose to tell others about visits to the surgery but we won't. The only reason why we might consider passing on confidential information without your permission, would be to protect you or someone else from serious harm. We would always try and discuss this with you first. If you have any worries about confidentiality, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK A MEMBER OF STAFF.
New Service for Orchard, anyone aged 13 - 24 years old - C-Card Scheme
We are now a collection point for free condoms and lubes if you are aged between 13 & 24 years old and have a C-card. Our staff are fully trained to give these out. We have lots in stock. You dont have to be a patient at Orchard to collect them just show your C-card to one of our receptionists.
If you would like to register for a C-card please click on the link below to find a registration point near you.
Chlamydia is the most common bacterial sexually transmitted infection.
It affects both men and women — but don't worry it can be easily treated with antibiotics. About 1 in 10 sexually active young people tested have chlamydia, yet most people who have it do not have any signs or symptoms and will not know that they've got it.
But a simple test will show if you have it!
Chlamydia tests are simple and do not require embarrassing examination. Tests are usually taken by yourself, not by a nurse or doctor. For men testing simply involves peeing in a pot.
Once found Chlamydia can be easily treated , usually with a single dose of antibiotic tablets (or liquid).
To arrange Chlamydia screening see one of our practice nurses.www.screen-me.org/General Contraceptive Services
Our GP’s and Nurses can provide confidential advice and access to a wide range of contraceptives. There are a wide range of options available including pills, patches, injections, implants, coils and condoms. We also fit coils & implants at the practice by Dr Malik, our female GP. Further information is also available on all aspects of sex, relationships and contraception at: www.nhschoices.co.ukCommon Health Problems
We can of course help with a wide range of common health problems that you may experience.
- Skin problems such as acne or eczema
- Lumps and bumps -eg testicles /breast / vagina or skin
- Headache or Migraine
- Stress or 'feeling low / depressed'
- Family or Relationship problems
- Sexuality - straight or gay?
- Pregnancy and emergency contraception.
- School / College worries - bullying / exams
- Lifestyle concerns - drugs, alcohol, smoking or weight
Whatever your worried about -dont put it off, book to discuss it now with one of our Doctors or Nurses.
Take a look at these websites designes for male & female teenage health:
Please take a look at our teenage leaflet for advice how we can help you if you are suffering from any of the above. It also has times and dates of local family planning clinics cAsh clinics, click this link Teenage Services offered by Orchard
Please contact us and ask for further information regarding any of our services.
Where else can I go for help?
For teenagers worried about attending their Dr's surgery, there are many other places you can get confidential help and advice:
- Parent or Family members - can be surprisingly helpful and are often more aware than you might think. We may encourage you to discuss your problem with your parent(s) but only if you are happy to. remember we will not pass on information ourselves, even if you are under 16, unless essential to protect you or someone else from harm.
- School Nurse - can be contacted via your school
- Teenage Contraception & Sexual Health (CaSH) at The Health Centre Church Street Mansfield Woodhouse NG18 8SL 01623 602 665. Wed 12.30 – 2.00 – nurse led. Wed 3.00 – 4.00 teenage - nurse led
- Sexually Transmitted infection (GUM) clinic, City Hospital, Nottingham 0115 9627747
- Base 51 -Centre for young people aged 12 to 25 in Notts, offers advice, information, support, health care, counselling and more. Telephone advice /drop-in/ by appointment. 51 Glasshouse St, Nottingham NG1 3LP tel 9525040
- NHS 111 by dialing 111 from any landline or phone
Websites / contacts. here are a few more websites and numbers that you may find useful.
www.childline.org.uk 0800 1111 (24hrs)
www.brook.org.uk 0800 018 5023
Connexions - freephone 0800 0529977 to find local centres
Sexwise - freephone 0800 282930 - a confidential helpline for teenagers on anything to do with relationships, sex and contraception.
THINK - a texting service providing confidential advice on relationships and sexual health 84465
FRANK 0800 776600 Talk to FRANK about drugs
Domestic Violence 0808 8000340
Lesbian and gay switchboard 0115 934 8484
Rape crisis 0115 9410440