Statement of Purpose
At Orchard Medical Practice we aim to treat all our patients promptly, courteously and in complete confidence. We aim to deliver a “Best Practice” standard of care by providing suitable patient consultations to establish an appropriate diagnosis, treatment and care plans - a service which is further enhanced by patient participation, continuous improvement and staff involvement. We offer a family friendly service. In order to achieve this, the following objectives have been set:
- To provide a full range of access options to ensure patients get appropriate, timely, high quality care as detailed by the GMS contract.
- To provide a service that incorporates patients’ suggestions.
- To respect the individuality of patients.
- To respond positively to feedback from patients.
- To continuously seek ways in which services can be improved.
- To protect patients and staff from hazards and abuse.
- To build and retain a stable, committed and highly trained workforce.
Orchard Medical Practice is a well established, respected surgery, situated in newly refurbished and modern premises within Mansfield Community Hospital, Stockwell Gate, Mansfield. We are a forward thinking and enthusiastic practice and are constantly looking at ways to improve and offer new services.
Our PMS (Primary Medical Services) practice serves just over 19,000 patients, making it the largest practice in the Mansfield & Ashfield area.
We are a 9 Partner Practice, 4 of the Partners are female. We are also a training practice taking on Registrars on a quarterly rotatation basis. Registrars are fully qualified Doctor’s under the supervision of our GP Trainers, Dr James Mills & Dr Kathryn West are responsible for all our Registrars
The Practice also employs a Management Team,Nurse Practitioner, seven Practice Nurses, two Health Care Assistants, two Phlebotomist’s, a team of Receptionists, Secretaries and Admin staff and is supported by Care Trust staff, including a Midwife, Health Visitors, a Pharmacist, District Nurses and counsellors.
The Practice offers a wide range of Enhanced Services including minor surgery and sexual and reproductive health, minor injuries, extended hours on a Tuesday evening and a Saturday morning.